Accession #: 2008064
Description: Invented 1885. Two circular flanges, 3.5 cm diameter linked by a hinge to form a clamshell construction. One flange bears a convex circular mirror through the centre of which is an inspection orifice. It was invented in Dublin by Arthur Benson (1860-1912) as a simple practical ophthalmoscope for his students. The original had both plane and convex mirror. This variation has a single convex mirror.
Dimensions: 60 x 52 x 6 mm folded